A Guide to Cultivating Values and Beliefs
Conservatism is an ideology and a political movement that, simply put, advocates for maintaining traditional values. Conservatives are often seen as the guardians of traditional values, which have been passed down from generation to generation. These values include, but are not limited to, religious morality and a moral code of conduct, as well as family values and economic liberty.
It has been said that conservatives have a clear and unique worldview that includes a moral compass that points to principles such as individualism, freedom of enterprise, free markets, and liberty.
The Challenges of Raising Conservative Children in a Liberal World
Raising conservative children in a liberal society can be a real challenge. In today’s world, the media and social networks are filled with opposing views and ideas that can be difficult to navigate. As parents, it is our job to help our children develop their own set of beliefs, values, and opinions while navigating the complexities of a liberal society.
Raising conservative children does not mean forcing them to think the way that we think. It means teaching them a strong value system on which to base their decisions.
We must teach our children how to think critically about the world around them and how to make informed decisions based on facts rather than emotion or opinion. By doing so, we can help ensure that they are equipped with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in an ever-changing world. You can read more in one of my articles about teaching our children critical thinking skills.
Tips for Raising Conservative Children to Survive in a Progressive Environment
Conservative children can sometimes find it difficult to adjust to the progressive world around them. This is not because they are incapable, but because so many assets in a liberal society come together against them.
It can be challenging for them to fight through the barrage of counter ideology in a liberal society, where their beliefs and values are not always accepted. As parents, we need to equip our children with the right tools and strategies to help them cope with this situation.
I have always held to the principle that home is where my children learn to be adults. Not to say that they don’t have a childhood…they do plenty of ‘child’-ing but I am raising adults. My theory is that home is safe. Home is a safe place to learn all of the hard realities of life before actually having to experience it on their own.
- We homeschool, so I am able to weave life lessons into everything that they do, but certainly, it can be done outside of school as well. As their teacher and mom, I require that they learn life skills on a daily basis, including critical thinking and reasoning.
- We talk through decision-making. I even explain my process to them when I make a decision that affects them. I figure if they can understand how I came to my decision, they can better understand the process.
- When they are on their own, they will be expected to work, handle their responsibilities both at work and home, and maintain their vehicle and domicile. At home, they learn these qualities by having specific responsibilities and chores that they MUST complete regularly and without being forced or reminded.
- It is also very important for parents to provide consequences for poor choices so their children learn how to make healthy decisions. Our philosophy is that rules at home are like laws in the real world. If they break a law, they can potentially go to jail. However, learning this lesson at home means being punished in accordance with ‘the crime’ as it were, without the fear of jail time.
- We make sure that our children understand how important God and our faith is in our lives. We talk about it and we show it to them. Our moral code comes from our faith in a loving God. Do we always get it right? Of course not. But when we fail, we get back up and we learn. And we teach that to our children.
- Be the example. Parents must provide their children with the necessary guidance and support so they can learn how to navigate through the challenges of living in a liberal society while still holding on to their conservative values. If a child can see their parents meeting these challenges head-on, they will be more likely to have the confidence to do so as well.
- Parents can help their children develop the skills they need to navigate through difficult situations by providing them with a conservative home environment that values honesty, prayer and family. The safety of their home environment should give them the rest and strength to forge ahead.
Raising Conservative Children – How to Teach Conservative Values When Surrounded by Different Ideas
Raising conservative children in a world surrounded by different ideas and beliefs can be challenging. Teaching them traditional values and principles can help them stay grounded in their beliefs while also allowing them to be open-minded to other opinions.
It is important to equip our children with the skills they need to make informed decisions, while also helping them understand why certain values are important. By teaching conservative values in an open-minded environment, we can ensure that our children are prepared for the future and have the tools they need to make wise choices.
Raising Conservative Children – Developing Moral Compasses and Discriminating between Right and Wrong
Developing a moral compass is an important part of growing up. It helps us to differentiate between right and wrong and guides us in making decisions that are in line with our values. Conservative parenting, which emphasizes the importance of teaching children right from wrong, is one way to help kids develop their moral compasses.
Teaching empathy and understanding can help children learn how to discern between what is right and what is wrong. By helping them develop a strong sense of morality, we can create a generation of people who are more capable of making ethical choices in life. It is important for parents to teach children about the significance of morality and the role that it plays in a healthy life.
Raising Conservative Children – Finding Supportive Communities & Instilling Self-Confidence In Your Children
Raising conservative children is a challenge for many parents. It’s important to find supportive communities that can help children develop self-confidence and foster positive behavior. Through activities such as sports, art, music, and other extracurricular activities, children can learn how to express themselves in a healthy way and build their self-confidence.
Parents should also look for opportunities to instill values such as respect, integrity, and kindness in their children. By providing a safe environment where kids can explore their interests and express themselves freely, parents can help their children become more confident in their beliefs.
We have always relied on the fellowship of Christians in our church as a wonderful support system and in turn, they have given our children the love and support that they have needed. We have also had the families in our homeschooling communities to join with, lean on, and learn from. All of these support systems are simply invaluable in the lives of our children.
Raising Conservative Children – The Value of Raising Children With Conservative Values in a Progressive World
Raising kids with conservative values in a progressive world is a valuable endeavor. It allows parents to teach their own beliefs and values to their children, while also preparing them for the ever-changing world we live in today. Conservative values provide children with an important foundation for understanding the complexities of society and how to navigate it successfully.
They also give them the tools necessary to make decisions based on sound judgment and morality, rather than simply following popular trends or succumbing to peer pressure. By teaching our children conservative values, we can ensure that they are prepared for life’s challenges and equipped to make wise choices that will benefit them in the long run.
NEVER MISS A THING!
MORE WAYS TO CONNECT
We also, as a homesteading family, have three additional blogs that might interest you.Two Oaks Farm Talkconcerns the more technical side of homesteading. We discuss subjects like gardening, food prep, and farm building and construction with lots of tutorials!
Farm Raised Familyis basically a hub for everything under the Two Oaks Farmstead umbrella. You can learn a great deal about all parts of the farmstead there. TheFarm Raised Family blogfocuses on financial matters such as budgeting, saving, and more and on current events affecting families.
You can also have a more in depth look at all that we do by visiting ourTwo Oaks Farmstead YouTube Channeland be sure to subscribe so that you don’t miss a thing!
Farm Life and Freedomis the new podcast we are in the process of launching! It is going to be so much fun!
Two Oaks Farmsteadis the farm store… the one that holds the umbrella! Check us all out and join us, not only on our blogs andFarm Life and Freedom podcastbut come join the fun on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter… wherever you get social!