If you caught my last post and video, then you saw a great option for a homemade facial cleanser. Today, I am showing you how to make a DIY facial toner.
Why I Use a Facial Toner
This facial toner is one that I use daily; after I wash my face at night and again in the morning before I put on my makeup. It is a refreshing toner and it cleanses very well. My face feels great every time I use it! The best part about it is how quick and easy it is to put together.
The supplies that you will need are not just natural, and wonderful for your skin, but also quite easy to find.
- Witch Hazel is a natural astringent that minimizes the appearance of pores, reduces inflammation and skin irritations and decreases oil and redness.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that blocks free radicals from the skin as well as supporting new skin cell growth.
- Geranium essential oil promotes healthy, clear, glowing skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Cypress essential oil helps control overactive sebum glands that make skin oily and prone to breakouts. It also helps speed healing time and revive a dull complexion.
- Lavender essential oil is a powerhouse for skin care. It soothes and calms irritated skin, has powerful antioxidants that slow aging and improves the appearance of the complexion.
DIY Facial TonerDifficulty: Easy
Super quick and easy recipe for a naturally wonderful toner.
4 oz witch hazel
1/2 t vitamin E oil
3 drops each of geranium, cypress and lavender essential oil
- Add oils to witch hazel.
- Shake or stir.
- Put in bottle of your choice. …see? Simple!
- Be sure to shake before each use to mix the ingredients.
Homemade and Natural = Better!
Making your own homemade natural skin care products makes sense for so many reasons. The most obvious benefit is the natural element; the ability to stop adding chemicals to your skin. But, there is also the money savings. The supplies that are required aren’t terribly expensive and they go a very long way!
Be sure to subscribe and keep coming back because we have so much more great content on the way! You may also like to head over to our Youtube channel at Two Oaks Farmstead and subscribe to keep up with ALL the new content! It houses all content from A Life on the Farm, Two Oaks Farm Talk and Two Oaks Farmstead. Don’t miss a thing!