I used to buy pre-made pie crusts basically by the case for all of the cooking and baking I do. I honestly was afraid that “it would take too long” to make them myself, or that it “would be too hard”. Silly me! When I started making this Flaky Homemade Pie Crust, my family flipped over how great they are. And it was so quick and easy, that I assure you, I will never go back!
Simple Steps – Food Processor Pie Crust Recipe
The best part about this recipe is that you basically do the whole thing with the food processor! It can’t get any easier than that!!! If I stand there with my ingredients for about 30 minutes, I can have 5 or 6 sets of double crusts. This recipe makes a double, so 2 pie crusts. They freeze very well so you can make a bunch, freeze them up and have them on hand for a quick pie! And what could be better than pie…really quick!!?? The food processor pie crust is not only awesome, it comes in very handy in a pinch!
Homemade Pie Crust Recipe
Flaky Homemade Pie CrustDifficulty: Easy
Awesome, flaky double pie crust that is SUPER easy to make!
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup unsalted butter (very cold)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white vinegar
1/4 cup ice cold water
- Put flour and salt into your food processor with chopping blade
- Cut shortening and butter into the flour with small pulses. It doesn’t take much.
- Beat the egg in another bowl, add vinegar and water and add to dry ingredients.
- Process just until the dough starts pulling away from the sides of the processor.
- Divide the dough into 2 crusts You can roll them out and use them now, or ball them up and place them in the freezer for later use.
- If baking an empty shell, bake at 400 for about 25 minutes, otherwise follow the instructions for the pie you are making.
- When rolling out your pie crust, do it on a floured surface and use a floured rolling pin.
Another Great Use for Homemade Pie Crust…
As a little bonus at the end of the video, I also showed and talked about my Breakfast quiche. Be sure and go grab that recipe as well. It is so good! You can put it together so easily and make up a bunch for the freezer too!
Be sure to check out the Two Oaks Farmstead YouTube Channel and subscribe so that you never miss out on all the awesome recipes plus projects happening here on the farm!